What Is Local Search Engine Marketing and Why It’s Important?
Nowadays, small to large-scale businesses thrive on internet marketing. If your company can’t be found online, you’re most likely missing out a lot on revenues and a huge chunk on the market pie. To increase your customer base, first, you have to start locally. This is where you will need the services of a company that offers local search engine marketing.
What is local search engine marketing?
If you have a small start-up business, you’ll want to market your products or services to local customers. By hiring the services of a local SEO marketing company, you’ll be able to promote your business to a wider audience.
Now, you might be thinking, “What do I need local SEO for when there’s TV, radio, and print advertising?”
Well, not everyone watches TV, listens to the radio, or reads the newspaper nowadays. A lot of your target market could be glued to their mobile devices almost 24 hours a day. So what you need is to reach out to them through the internet.
What local search engine marketing can do for you is put your business in your area’s local directory. This means that if a consumer searches for “plumber Fort Lauderdale,” Google will show results for all plumbers in the Fort Lauderdale area. To simply put it, local SEO marketing increases a website’s visibility by ranking that site through geographically related searches.
Why is local search engine marketing important?
Every internet user expects search engines to show them results that are relevant to their queries. By hiring the services of a local search engine marketing expert, like us, you can be sure that your site will come up on the first few pages of the search engine results pages, increasing your chances of conversion.
Here are some convincing points that prove local SEO marketing is crucial to every business.
- Google search queries have local intent.
When you search for information in Google, the search results will be show two distinct sections. The topmost section of the results page will show paid ads and links to local businesses. This means that those websites will get the highest clickthrough rate.
Now, it’s wise to note that at least 50% of local searchers are searching for information on local businesses, like an address or phone number. If you bank on this fact, you’ll be reaping as much revenue as possible.
- Google caters for “near me” searches.
For example, a user searches for “seafood restaurant near me,” Google will search for seafood restaurants in the area where the user is located. The biggest search engine has ramped up their parameters and has now adapted to these geographically centered searches.
How can a local SEO marketing company help?
There are many things a local search engine marketing company can help your business with.
- Local directory listings – list your business to all local directories online, like Foursquare, Yellowpages, Yelp, etc.
- Reviews – 88% of people trust online reviews. A local SEO company can gather reviews and have them posted in different review sites to increase your visibility and improve your reputation.
- Local content – we can also create geo-targeted pages, articles, and other content with your location and other important information to ensure your target audience will find you immediately.
- Local links – exchanging links with other local businesses will also increase your visibility online, getting your website to rank higher in SERPs.
Is your website not showing up in local search results? Grow your business locally by hiring us, a trusted local search engine marketing company dedicated to meeting your expectations.